Going on vacation with kids? Then you should familiarize yourself with the rating of the best places to relax with a child, which will remain a vivid memory for the kids.
The best amusement parks for families with children
There are many incredible attractions for children of all ages in the world — on land and water. Along with entertainment, children are offered all sorts of sweets, and in cafes, instead of gloomy waiters, fairy-tale characters take orders.
Spain, theme park Port Aventura
Vacationers on the Costa Dorada should definitely visit the Aventura complex. It is located on an area of 119 hectares and combines several water parks, attractions for adults and children, as well as cafes, restaurants and swimming pools. Theatrical performances take place right on the streets.
The Karibe water park has the highest free fall slide in Europe, King Kahuna. Its height is 31 m (that is, it is the size of a 12-storey building). Spectacular shows are arranged by the Du Soleil Circus, which has a contract until 2020.
The park is divided into six thematic zones: Polynesia, Mediterranean, China, Wild West, Mexico, Sesamo Aventura. There are many slides, water activities, a golf course, Ferrari Land park, and 5 hotels are open for guests.
Getting to the park is easy. The nearest airport is 15 km away, where taxi drivers guard tourists, public transport from nearby cities and tourist flights run.
- Various thematic zones;
- Attractions for children from 4 years and older, as well as for adults;
- Huge territory with hotels, restaurants and fast food establishments;
- Children are entertained by animators dressed as fairy tale characters;
- Evening shows and performances;
- During high season, the park is open until midnight;
- There are souvenir shops everywhere.
- Other zones can only be accessed with a ticket;
- Expensive pleasure.
You can book tickets in advance, but immediately check what is included in their price. The more parks included in the ticket, the more expensive it will cost. You can save about 20 euros by visiting McDonald’s in Salou — they often give out discount coupons in Port Aventura.
France, Futuroscope in Paris
This park specializes in intellectual development and science fiction. All projects are presented in 3D or 4D for cinema viewing. There is a height limit on the rides — at least 105 cm (that is, children from 5 years old). Playgrounds for preschoolers function here, spectacular fountains are installed, and enchanting shows are held in the evenings.
On the territory of the park there is a one-star hotel where you can stay. But it is advisable to book the room in advance — just like specifying the work schedule. During the summer season the complex is open from 10.00 to 22.00–24.00. In winter, it is open only for two days — January 1 and 2.
- Breathtaking 4D movies;
- Vivid performances;
- Huge territory — 110 hectares;
- All projects are presented in the form of virtual reality;
- Instead of life-size puppets in the form of cartoon characters, humanoid robots walk around here;
- The best and most technologically advanced rides;
- Water activities and outdoor playgrounds.
- Language barrier — few people here speak English;
- The only hotel, and even that of a low class.
In addition to the usual slides and climbing nets, in the Futuroscope, children can play as firefighters, where they can “shoot” with water pumps and put out a symbolic fire. Schoolchildren will surely enjoy the laser maze, children’s race track and the carousel “Leonardo’s car”.
Germany, indoor water park “Tropical Islands” in Krausnick
The largest water park in Europe is located near the town of Krausnik and is an indoor pavilion, the size of 9 football fields (360 m long, 210 wide and 107 high). The internal climate completely copies the “weather” of the Pacific Ocean: it is always calm here, the sun shines even at night, and the air temperature is maintained at the same level of +26 °C. The best designers of the country worked on the design of the water park.
For lovers of speed and height, there are slides, one of which is considered the highest in Germany — 27 m. The pavilion can be appreciated from a height of 52 m on a lift in the form of a balloon — it can withstand the weight of an entire family up to 240 kg.
Play areas will captivate kids with treasure hunts, auto rally rides and board games. The water park has three main areas for recreation: with the Amazonian forests, tropical butterflies, turtles and fish.
- Open all year round, 24 hours a day;
- It is warm here and the “sun” always shines;
- The richest botanical garden, and on the territory there are fish, flamingos and turtles;
- Spa treatments and jacuzzi for adults;
- Active and board games, as well as a section for the little ones;
- Powerful infrastructure — 12 restaurants, camping and tent city;
- Near the complex there are hotels;
- Children under 6 years old enter free of charge.
- Expensive, and the ticket is valid only for 19 hours;
- Some areas do not work all the time.
If you want to get into the Evening Tropics and Sauna, then you should know that this section is open only from Friday to Sunday from 18.00 to midnight. When ordering drinks at the bar, the dishes must be returned to the bartender, but not left on the tables or in the park.
The best children’s cities
If adults can relax in amusement parks, then in the “towns” everything is subordinated to the desires of children. Themed zones, fabulous buildings, walking cartoon characters — everything that will be of interest to young visitors.
USA, Disneyland in Orlando (Florida)
The rating opens the well-known Disneyland, where every child on the planet dreams of visiting. Such towns are available not only in Florida — they are in China, Japan, France, Turkey. But the Florida complex is considered the largest and annually receives millions of tourists.
Fairy-tale buildings, huge Mickey Mouse, Donald, chipmunks, Cinderella’s castle, a magical kingdom and favorite cartoon characters — that’s what awaits little visitors at Disneyland.
There are two water parks on the territory, circus and entertainment shows, carnivals are held, souvenirs and sweets are sold. Cartoon characters invite children to dance, to a cheerful round dance, and you can also take pictures with them. 24 themed hotels have been built in Disneyland, and a children’s train rides between the zones of the park. An interesting fact is that every night the streets of the town are treated with steam.
- Fairy-tale setting, unusual buildings and castles;
- A lot of entertainment and thematic zones;
- Funny carnivals and show programs;
- Shops with souvenirs and books;
- Sweets and ice cream in the cafe;
- Huge shopping and entertainment complex;
- Hotels on the territory;
- Friendly and fun environment.
- You need to carefully read the validity of the ticket before buying;
- High prices for souvenirs and products.
In the park you can meet Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl team, take pictures with the princesses and Snow White. There is an installation of Toy Story in mini and maxi size, and you can also ride a huge Spiralka dachshund.
Denmark, Legoland in Billund
Legoland is located in the heart of Denmark, where all the expositions, buildings, animals and even birds are made of miniature building blocks. The statues are not just standing — they move, glow and make various sounds. There are only 7 such parks in the world and each is visited by millions of tourists.
Danish Legoland is divided into 8 thematic zones: Duplo, the worlds of Miniatures of Imagination and Adventure, the city of Legoredo, the Land of Pirates, the Kingdom of the Knights, Lego City. Here, not only all the elements are made in a specific style, but also the kitchen is appropriate.
In the Kingdom of the Knights they cook medieval food, in the miniland — pizza and pasta, in the World of Imagination — hamburgers. There is a hotel for tourists on the territory, and at the exit from the park there is the largest Lego store in the world.
- There is a hotel to stay;
- Delicious varied cuisine;
- Souvenir shops and the largest Lego shop;
- 8 thematic zones;
- Children’s driving school with real traffic lights and markings;
- Little visitors are allowed to play with the new building sets.
- Expensive hotels.
In a driving school, children are photographed, given a car, in which they drive around the streets of the zone for 30 minutes, observing traffic rules. At the end of the session, the children are given a license with a photo of the young driver.
Singapore, Universal Studio
The park opened not so long ago — in 2010, but has already managed to attract the attention of tourists. The complex has 7 thematic zones and 24 attractions. Particular attention is paid to stage productions and spectacular special effects. Dancers and actors roam the streets, and the scenery comes to life and immediately freezes. In the City of the Future, there are 3D attractions “Transformers” and “Battle of the Galaxies”, where full illusions of battles with robots and high-speed races are created.
In the Lost World and Ancient Egypt park, mummies come to life every now and then, and dinosaurs move and growl. The show with water stuntmen is impressive, but after the game, tourists are left with a “tarnished” reputation, because the actors shoot at them with water cannons. In the zone of Madagascar and the Thirtieth Kingdom, you can meet your favorite cartoon characters: King Julian, penguins, Shrek with Fiona and Puss in Boots.
- Spectacular shows;
- A wide choice of attractions;
- Interesting thematic zones;
- Meeting with your favorite cartoon and movie characters;
- There are regular musicals and stage productions;
- Each zone has shops with related souvenirs;
- “Live” dinosaurs and mummies;
- 3D and 4D cinemas.
- Some rides have a height limit for the child;
- Long lines.
You can avoid crowds and queues for attractions by arriving during the non-tourist season. The park operates all year round, but closes at 19.00. By this time, you need to have time to go around all the zones and take pictures with your favorite characters.
Designed for young children and visitors with disabilities. There are 6 thematic zones and about 40 attractions on the territory. Heroes of popular cartoons participate in the musical productions: Masha and the Bear, Smurfs, Peppa Pig, masked heroes Scoop, Catboy and Geko. Children will be able to play pirates or cowboys here, dressed in the appropriate costume, and even visit a pirate ship.
The park has a farm with livestock — animals are allowed to be fed. There is also a cozy place for mothers with babies — they are equipped with feeding rooms with changing tables and bottle warmers. You can rent a stroller (for a fee).
- Several thematic zones;
- Attractions for children and adults;
- Music and entertainment shows;
- The complex is suitable for children with disabilities;
- There is a zone for young mothers;
- Delicious food and varied menu.
- The characters only speak Italian;
- There is a height limit for skiing.
Both children and adults can have fun here. But the greatest attention is paid to kids and special children. The complex has spacious streets, many benches for relaxing, bright slides, trains, boats in the pools. Nearby there are five hotels of different levels.
The best museums for kids
Museums are not only boring, with ancient artifacts and paintings by famous artists, but also those where even younger students will not be bored. Stories from fairy tales and cartoons come to life in them, it is allowed to study expositions, touch everything with your hands and play.
UK, Harry Potter Museum London
The story of the young wizard has been known for more than 17 years, but interest in it does not subside, and the characters are still popular. Up to 5.5 thousand visitors come to the museum every year to see the attributes of the School of Magic and the majestic decorations of Hogwarts.
The complex is divided into pavilions: one contains a model of the castle, created by 40 designers. Moreover, the special effects department located here shows how various “miracles” for the film were created.
Most of the costumes of the main characters are collected in another room — accessories and the Sorting Hat are also stored there. The museum has full-fledged rooms with scenery and mannequins: the kitchen of the Weasley family, the refectory of Hogwarts, Hagrid’s hut, the Potions class.
- The halls are fully consistent with the scenery of the film;
- Mannequins in the costumes of the main characters of the film;
- Attributes are allowed to be touched and photographed;
- There is a gallery of “talking” paintings;
- Shop of souvenirs and “magical” gifts.
- Latecomers are not allowed into the halls — you need to arrive 20 minutes before the start of the tour.
Walking through the zones of Hogwarts, you can plunge into the atmosphere of magic and miracles, and at the exit from the museum you can buy a wand and other attributes of a wizard. Fortunately for tourists, the exhibits are allowed to be touched and photographed against their background. Together with the purchase of a ticket, you can order a Russian-language tour.
Austria, Zoom Museum Vienna
The complex is spread over an area of 1600 m² and offers interesting expositions. The children are introduced to the science of creating cartoons, music, staging dances. Kids can try themselves in the role of parents, grandparents, learn the features of the chosen profession. In the scenery of the ship, children are allowed to play, climb the nets, turn the steering wheel and catch fish.
All expositions are interactive and truly magical for children. The museum is actually a giant developmental center, which will be interesting for kids from 8 months to 12–15 years old. The playroom for kids includes a mirror tunnel, water mattresses, toys and blocks.
- Developing halls are divided by subject;
- There are studios of dance, music, cinema, art of painting, etc.;
- Children are invited to take part in the lessons and try their hand at creativity;
- Birthday visitors are given gifts and discounts;
- Give out all materials for creativity;
- There are age restrictions;
- At the entrance to the museum you need to change into a change of shoes.
The museum is aimed at developing the senses, motor skills, it also helps children decide on a profession and learn something new. Young artists will like the painting room — they give out paints and paper, and the guys study graphics and design.
Spain, CosmoCaixa Museum in Barcelona
Another science center for child development, where you can learn about the innovations of science. On the territory of 42 thousand square meters. meters there are halls with different themes. There is a swampy forest with an appropriate climate and living organisms, sometimes there are even tropical downpours. In another zone, a geological map of the Earth is presented — a planet in a section, which shows tons of minerals and rocks.
There is a room dedicated to the study of matter, space and time. It is also impossible to ignore the planetarium of the complex with real photos of planets and celestial bodies.
- Themed rooms for children from 3 years old;
- Huge territory;
- Interesting exhibits;
- Planetarium with 3D system;
- Real minerals and rocks of the earth’s crust;
- Game Rooms Click and Flash;
- Inexpensive cafe on the territory of the institution;
- Believable wax figures of primitive people.
- There is no Russian-speaking guide (they only speak Spanish or English);
- A huge area that can not be bypassed in one day.
At the entrance, tourists are greeted by wax figures of Einstein and Darwin — a bit of an unexpected phenomenon, but they are allowed to take pictures with them without a flash.